Crispy Chocolate Chip
This is the classic but in My Perfect Cookie style.
There are so many variations of the classic chocolate chip. This recipe works best with My Perfect Cookie, so far, and are delicious. You can use a mix of milk and dark chocolate chip. Other variations are milk chocolate chip with butter toffee pieces, and chocolate chips with dehydrated marshmallows. Make this cookie your own!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup dark or light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoon nonfat dried milk powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup mini milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- In your mixer (with paddle attachment), combine the butter and sugar, on low speed, until smooth (approximately 2 minutes).
- Add the vanilla and egg.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, nonfat dried milk powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, thoroughly.
- Gradually, mix these dry ingredients with the creamed ingredients, in the mixer on low speed.
- Once the ingredients are combined, add the chocolate chips. Mix on low until combined throughout.
- Follow instructions for My Perfect Cookie.
- After the logs have chilled for a minimum of 3 hours, take out of the tubes.
- Slice the log into 1/2” thick cookies. Remember to roll the log about 1/8 after each slice to prevent the log from flattening from the weight of the knife. Keeps the cookies round at each slice.
- Place the cookies on parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Leave about 1” between cookies. Sprinkle some Maldon salt on the top of each cookie (optional).
- Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit pre-heated oven for 12-14 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for a few minutes and then transfer to wire racks.
Leave a comment