These are so delicious and decadent. Cut into thin slices (1/8"), which is possible with this dough. The cracker will be nice and crispy.
Your home will smell like parmesan but your crackers will not taste as strong.
- 2 cups shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tbsp truffle paste
- 2 tbsp truffle oil
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons water
- Truffle salt for sprinkling (I used gold salt)
- In your food processor, combine the cheese, flour, cornstarch, truffle paste, truffle oil, and salt and process for 30 seconds.
- Add the butter and process for another 30 seconds.
- Add the water and process until the dough forms into a ball.
- Follow instructions for My Perfect Cookie.
- After the logs have chilled for a minimum of 3 hours, take out of the tubes.
- Slice the log into 1/8” thin crackers. Remember to roll the log slightly after each slice to prevent the log from flattening from the weight of the knife. Keeps the crackers round with each slice.
- Place the crackers on parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Leave about 1” between crackers. They do not spread.
- Lightly sprinkle truffle salt or Malton or gourmet salt (I used a gold salt) on each cracker.
- Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Let crackers cool on baking sheet for a few minutes and then transfer to wire racks.
No need to make blinis. Your My Perfect Cookie crackers are good enough for caviar.