Keto Carrot Cake
Don't tell anyone it is Keto. Tastes like carrot cake! Although, missing the cream cheese frosting...which, you may want to break out since you're saving the calories and carbs already.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup monk fruit sweetener / Stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut (unsweetened preferred)
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 cups shredded carrots (dried in towel)
- In your mixer (with paddle attachment), combine the coconut oil and sweetener, on low speed, until smooth (approximately 1 minute).
- Add egg. Mix. Add vanilla. Mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, thoroughly.
- Gradually, mix these dry ingredients with the creamed mixture, on low speed.
- Add the coconut. Mix. Add the walnut. Mix. Add the shredded carrots (remember, squeeze all water out). Mix.
- Follow instructions for My Perfect Cookie.
- After the logs have chilled for a minimum of 3 hours, take out of the tubes.
- Slice the log into 1/2” thick cookies. Remember to roll the log about 1/8 after each slice to prevent the log from flattening from the weight of the knife. Keeps the cookies round with each slice.
- Place the cookies on parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Leave about 1” between cookies.
- Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 13 to 15 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for a few minutes and then transfer to wire racks.
Leave a comment