Don't tell anyone it is Keto. Tastes like carrot cake! Although, missing the cream cheese frosting...which, you may want to break out since you're saving the calories and carbs already.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup monk fruit sweetener / Stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut (unsweetened preferred)
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 cups shredded carrots (dried in towel)
- In your mixer (with paddle attachment), combine the coconut oil and sweetener, on low speed, until smooth (approximately 1 minute).
- Add egg. Mix. Add vanilla. Mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, thoroughly.
- Gradually, mix these dry ingredients with the creamed mixture, on low speed.
- Add the coconut. Mix. Add the walnut. Mix. Add the shredded carrots (remember, squeeze all water out). Mix.
- Follow instructions for My Perfect Cookie.
- After the logs have chilled for a minimum of 3 hours, take out of the tubes.
- Slice the log into 1/2” thick cookies. Remember to roll the log about 1/8 after each slice to prevent the log from flattening from the weight of the knife. Keeps the cookies round with each slice.
- Place the cookies on parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Leave about 1” between cookies.
- Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 13 to 15 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for a few minutes and then transfer to wire racks.