- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/3 cup monkfruit sweetener / stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In your mixer (with paddle attachment), combine the butter and sweetener, on low speed, until smooth (approximately 1 minute).
- Add egg. Mix. Add vanilla. Mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt, thoroughly.
- Gradually, mix these dry ingredients with the creamed mixture, on low speed.
- Add any other flavourings* at this time.
- Follow instructions for My Perfect Cookie.
- After the logs have chilled for a minimum of 3 hours, take out of the tubes.
- Slice the log into 1/4” thick cookies. Remember to roll the log about 1/8 after each slice to prevent the log from flattening from the weight of the knife. Keeps the cookies round with each slice.
- Place the cookies on parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Leave about 1” between cookies.
- Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 10 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for a few minutes and then transfer to wire racks.
* Flavourings: Lemon extract (1 tsp)
Orange extract (1 tsp)
Lime extract (1 tsp)
Chocolate - 1/3 cup dutch processed cocoa (reduce
almond flour by 1/3 cup in above)
Matcha (3 tbsp)
Earl Grey (empty 3 tea bags)
Colouring is optional.
To make the flavour/colour edge: first make the inner log (choice of flavour and colour is up to your imagination) and let it chill. Make another batch of the recipe in another flavour. Roll the dough to a rectangle shape, to the length of the chilled log and 1/2" thick. Wrap this dough around the chilled log. Wrap in cling film, and chill for another 3 hours. Slice the cookies 1/4" thick. Use a round cookie cutter slightly smaller than the cookies and pressed to trim the cookies.
Leave a comment