This is the classic cookie with no butter, no wheat flour, and no sugar. It tastes delicious. They are a coconut oil base with almond flour and coconut flour. For those who do not like coconut flavour, try the Keto Chocolate Chunk recipe which is an almond butter base.
Here, we use a mix of sugar-free chocolate chips and salted caramel chips.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup golden monkfruit sweetener / brown stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp molasses
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips / salted caramel chips or mix
- In your mixer (with paddle attachment), combine the coconut oil and sweetener, on low speed, until smooth (approximately 1 minute).
- Add egg. Mix. Add vanilla. Mix. Add molasses. Mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt, thoroughly.
- Gradually, mix these dry ingredients with the creamed mixture, on low speed.
- Add the chocolate chips / salted caramel chips and mix.
- Follow instructions for My Perfect Cookie.
- After the logs have chilled for a minimum of 3 hours, take out of the tubes.
- Slice the log into 1/4” thick cookies. Remember to roll the log about 1/8 after each slice to prevent the log from flattening from the weight of the knife. Keeps the cookies round with each slice.
- Place the cookies on parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Leave about 1” between cookies. Add a couple more chocolate chips on each cookie if there are any bare spots.
- Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 10 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for a few minutes and then transfer to wire racks.