There are so many variations of the classic chocolate chip. This recipe works best with My Perfect Cookie, so far, and are delicious. You can use a mix of milk and dark chocolate chip. Other variations are milk chocolate chip with butter toffee pieces, and chocolate chips with dehydrated marshmallows. Make this cookie your own!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup dark or light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoon nonfat dried milk powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup mini milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- In your mixer (with paddle attachment), combine the butter and sugar, on low speed, until smooth (approximately 2 minutes).
- Add the vanilla and egg.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, nonfat dried milk powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, thoroughly.
- Gradually, mix these dry ingredients with the creamed ingredients, in the mixer on low speed.
- Once the ingredients are combined, add the chocolate chips. Mix on low until combined throughout.
- Follow instructions for My Perfect Cookie.
- After the logs have chilled for a minimum of 3 hours, take out of the tubes.
- Slice the log into 1/2” thick cookies. Remember to roll the log about 1/8 after each slice to prevent the log from flattening from the weight of the knife. Keeps the cookies round at each slice.
- Place the cookies on parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Leave about 1” between cookies. Sprinkle some Maldon salt on the top of each cookie (optional).
- Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit pre-heated oven for 12-14 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for a few minutes and then transfer to wire racks.