Lucky Charms® Cereal for St. Patrick's Day
Okay, I have to say it, ”they’re magically delicious!”. I used the new Honey Clover Lucky Charms but any of the varieties of Lucky Charms® will work. Best tip: separate the marshmallows from the cereal and mix the marshmallows in by hand at the end before using My Perfect Cookie.
You can use the pan-banging method with this recipe. These cookies have a crispy edge and chewy centre. Yes, they're THAT good.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups Lucky Charms® cereal (marshmallows separated)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup Lucky Charms® marshmallows
- sprinkles / sanding sugar / gold dust
- iIn your mixer (with paddle attachment), combine the butter and sugars, on low speed, until smooth (approximately 2 minutes).
- Add vanilla and eggs to the mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cereal, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually, mix these dry ingredients with the creamed mixture, with the mixer on low speed.
- Add the marshmallows and mix by hand until mixed throughout the dough.
- Follow instructions for My Perfect Cookie. This dough is slightly sticky. Feed a small amount of dough into the shaper tube at a time, before tamping with the stick.
- After the logs have chilled in the storage tubes for a minimum of 3 hours, take them out of the tubes.
- Slice the log into 1/2” thick cookies.
- Dip the top of the cookie in sprinkles (mix of greens, blues, gold) and place the cookies on parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. These cookies spread so best to leave at least 2" between cookies. Best to have 6 cookies per sheet.
- Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 13 minutes. These cookies can be "pan banged" for a crispy edge. Bang at 9 minutes, and at 11 minutes (2 minutes afterwards) and then baked for another 2 minutes after the second bang.
- After baking, decorate with more marshmallows (push in) and white chocolate stars (if available). Let cool. Once cooled, brush some (edible) gold dust for extra Irish luck!